Thursday, January 6, 2011

Around Town

Hello friends! Mark is in Japan for 2 days getting his work visa so I wanted to post some pics of what we have been doing the past week. We've been getting out despite the freezing temps and trying to see more of the beast of a city. For New years eve we went over to another samsung guy's house who also had kids, Amelia made it until 11 and we got a cab back to our hotel just in time to see the anti-climatic ringing of the seoul bell on tv. Holding out for lunar new year! We also found a play center where you can rent toys!(I nearly passed out when they explained the system of a toy library, ingenious!). We went back the next day to watch a small production called "The Turnip" where I think a farmer planted a seed, grew a turnip then solicited his wife and farm animals to pull it out. Amelia got scared then was consoled by the abundance of lollipops available after the show. We also happened upon a semi-creepy doll show that was worth noting. We're still in the hotel but I think we'll be able to move into our apartment on the 17th which I'm interested in seeing if our stuff from boston actually made it since we chose the cheapest option called "best ever shipping"...unlikely. Also, some funny pics around town!



Play center I love you!

Farmer and poor friends who had to help him pick a non-delicious turnip


Lollipops save the day!


Post-Lolipop subway meltdown


I must go here to learn more


Not great, not good, just ok


Officially assimilating to Asian Culture


Where's mark? right there


mmmm. refreshing


Nightly dinners. I miss you highchair!


Doll show patrons.


Paparazzi.


Bearded Barbie. decided to leave after this one.


Kim Chi Syd!

5 comments:

  1. After the Mark-on-subway, paparazzi, and bearded lady pics, I lost it laughing out loud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, your commentary is so funny! That doll show was so creepy! Do people really just take pics of Amelia? Does she know what's going on? Does she know she's "different" yet? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really miss you guys

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha... I've looked at the pics from this post twice now, and I can't keep from giggling. You're hilarious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAHA! Bearded Barbie?! That's one we never had at Hilltop. Love seeing the scenes from daily life... keep 'em coming. Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete