We moved! Horray! I think the walmart style lighting and plastic couch were slowly killing my spirit at the hotel. So moving was a really great thing. Mark somehow organized this taxi van to pick us up and we made it. Our new home is in Hannam-dong, which I realize taxi drivers have no idea where you are talking about if you say hannam-dong, you have to say hanNAM-dong. We live by this hospital so I just say the hospital name now which gets us home pretty fast because they think we’re sick. Our place is wonderful, lots of light, all of our stuff arrived and we have our own dryer….heaven!(must resist doing 6 loads of laundry a day in amazement of modern delights) Amelia is no longer a resident of the kitchen (for those of you not buddies from Boston, she slept in the kitchen of our 1 bedroom apt there for about 6 months) and has her own space with a crib we realized is missing a screw and had to be tied together with ribbon from a cookie box. In all the change she has become attached to a Nepali men’s formal-wear hat Mark bought in Nepal. She loves this hat, I think it might be a similar attachment item to her blanket which she interchangeably calls “blanken” or “bacon”. Mark started work and will be on a project, which has some travel in the US. The girls and I will stay here but I am stocking up my amazon cart and making lists of things that are hard to buy here like: pyrex, vanilla extract, “just add water” baking boxes (I miss you chocolate chip cookies that deceptively look homemade!) and A&D ointment (this stuff is like gold among mom’s groups, could be an official mom’s group currency).
Mark being gone at work all day is strange but also really exciting to learn all about the work culture and funny nuiances which are deserving of PhD quality research. We are traveling to the warm Phillipines for lunar new year next week so more to come then.
Helping clean the windows. Window crayon is harder to get off than I thought..whoops.

Nepali hat!
"Sink baths"-for the infant on the go.
Striking need for a bouncer seat...sorry Syd.
Serious sleeper.
Caught with Nepali hat again.
Does this hat match my shirt?
Trying on a new hat style.
Nope. Nepali formal wear forever!
Going outside to face the brutal cold.
4 month celebration with new friend.
Desperate for cake.

Couldn't resist posting this one..
i laughed a billion times reading this! you guys make me laugh so much :) i love you guys and miss ya'll so much! meli is such a ham!
ReplyDeleteI love how out of the all the things to pack into your 4 suitcases for Korea, you brought the formal Nepal men's hat. Random anyone? Haha. I've never seen that thing!
ReplyDeleteI love the pic of Syd in the sink and her little warm smile.