Ok so maybe this is a little late to update but wanted to say a few words about pregnancy number 3, coming soon to a delivery room near you (well not really near you). Since in Korea you go to the doctor at the first signs of pregnancy, I feel like I've gotten to know our little one from 5 weeks and also feel like I've been pregnant forever. We have less than 2 weeks until my due date and I'm holding out for mom to arrive on Thursday and completely take over. My friends here had a shower for me this week, complete with a "pin the mustache on the baby" game (trying to tell me something?). I can't tell you how invaluable community has been to us living in Seoul, this sweet babe has been prayed over from the beginning and we are so grateful them. A new season begins, family of 5! Now we are officially the family you dread sitting next to on the airplane (perhaps we were before) but we managed to shove an infant car seat in the back with the girls but unfortunately for little bro the tetrus carseat game landed him next to Syd who may prove to be a benevolent dictator or tyrant older sibling...tbd.
![]() |
| 18 weeks-ish |
![]() |
| 34 weeks |
![]() |
| 38 weeks |
Some highlights
- Being able to ultrasound myself while working at the army base (lowlight- maintenance guy walking in while I was doing it)
- Finding out we are going to have a son
- Amelia and Syd christening him as "bella", "baby Jesus", "princess" and finally "bro"
- His major cross-abdominal leg stretches that are reminiscent of how Mark manages to steal all the covers at night
- Finding bulk sized lucky charms at costco
- Traveling to Thailand at 34 weeks (with doctor's letter)
- Finally getting our angry dry cleaning lady to smile (once) when she saw I was pregnant
- Moving Syd and Amelia into mini beds together in prep for a nursery
- Going through third pregnancies side by side with my best buddy here
Sarah (just delivered baby Vivien last week!)
Things I wish I had during this pregnancy
#1. Mr. Belvedere
2. Long grabber stick
#3. Small cart with wheels (did you know these are called "automotive
creepers"?) I could roll around on in order to play with the kids on the
floor






Yay for one update before he arrives! Can't wait to see his little face!
ReplyDeleteDid you have sugary cereal craving with the girls? I craved sugary cereal like WHOA with August.
haha totally Laura, I basically want all the things I was denied in my childhood (which are crazy $$ here, box of poptarts 19$!!)
Delete