Sunday, June 14, 2009

Mikelyoungelo

Question: What's the best thing about having a sister who is an artist? Answer: Besides friendship and learning together to raise babies, I'd have to go with creative murals that make our "baby corner" much more exciting. We gave Kelly a wall, and she gave us an African safari. Seriously, the painting is amazing. I can't even fit the whole thing in one photo, so I need to post a few shots. She's thinking about whether she could do this more often on commission. What do you think?
Here are some details, even after which it's still hard to capture the golden glow of the mountains or the shimmer off the clouds. We have already witnessed Amelia gazing up at the scene while lying on her changing table.

5 comments:

  1. Having seen the mural in person I must say it looks good in pictures but it looks amazing in real-life. Nice work Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly, that looks like 10x better than I could've imagined! Really good! Can't wait to see it in person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous! I want one in my room :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously, how much would you pay for this? $100? $500? $1000? I'm thinking of writing a business plan for her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - that mural is awesome. If I was having a kid, I would totally hire Kelly to paint a mural. I think $600-800 to start, have her build her client base and then she could increase her fees. How long did it take her to paint that? Right now, she just needs to build up her portfolio - but its terrific.

    ReplyDelete